In generally, most of the people choose Microsoft Outlook because it is the only email-client which can be operated on both Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft SharePoint Server. The immense users within the organizations can share mailbox items like messages, calendar, task etc. But suddenly a time comes up when you are unable to send or receive mails through Outlook. Due to some technical error issue, such a problem arises. Considering this problem, Outlook Error Codes 0x80070002 is also the one normally occurs when you try to add or create a new Outlook email account. To resolve this error code, you must require a technical knowledge. If you are not enough proficient to deal with such hurdle, read the blog-post from top-to-toe with consciousness and follow the provided steps accordingly. By doing this, you will surely end-up the problem within a pinch.
Reasons of an Outlook Error Code 0x80070002
Mainly this error is been encountered by the user only when there is compatibility issues between Outlook email and operating system. Moreover, 0x80070002 error occurs in Windows operating system. Such an error can create trouble in the functionality of Outlook. That’s why, it is very important to eradicate the error code from your Outlook account as soon as possible. First, glimpse on its causes:
- The following error appears if windows file structured is corrupted
- If the PST file is not accessible in the directory
Solution to Fix an Outlook Error Codes 0x80070002
If you are trying to set up a new Outlook account but unfortunately getting this error code, then it probably means that the path it is trying to create the PST in is not accessible. You can ensure this by manually locating and opening the path and trying to open it via Windows Explorer. To fix this, here we are using the Registry Method to edit the path and force Outlook to use a different location. Let’s begin with troubleshooting steps:
- First, go to “Documents” and then create a new folder with named Outlook2. Make sure, you can create files in this folder, and create any file as a test to assure that it is accessible and writable. Once done, note down the full path.
- Now, hold Windows + R keys simultaneously to open the Run box. Once the search box open, type “regedit” and press “Enter”
- Doing this, Windows Registry editor will open. Hence, browse to the following path:
- After that, open the folder equivalent to your version of Office
- The path will then look like: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15(your office number\Outlook
- With noted bold Outlook in the left pane, place a right click in an empty area in the right pane and click New > String Value, and then provide the name “Force PST Path” to the string value
- Right click on the String Value option, and tap Modify. Under value data, type the complete location for the PST file you have earlier created. Click “OK” and then close the Registry editor window
- Now run Microsoft Outlook and re-create a new account, it should work without issues.
Contact to Our Highly Proficient Techies for Support
After performing the above procedure, you will be able to do anything with PST file like importing, adding a new PST or creating a new PST file without any hassle. In case you confront some problem while following the above mentioned steps, you can dial toll-free number at an instant. Our technical connoisseurs will assist you on phone call in a correct way so that within a limited time of interval you can exterminate an Outlook Error Code 0x80070002 from the root.